Responsible tourism with Trigiro tours
Trigiro tours – Responsible tourism
First of all let’s talk about sustainable tourism.
What is sustainable tourism?
Responsible tourism is like sustainable tourism, however as the word sustainability is often overused and not understood, responsible tourism has been adopted as a term used by the industry.
Responsible tourism is any form of tourism that can be consumed in a more responsible way.
Responsible tourism is tourism which:
- minimizes negative social, economic and environmental impacts
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities
- improves working conditions and access to the industry
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life chances
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage embracing diversity
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaninful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues
- provides access for physically challenged people
- is culturally sensitive, encourages respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence
*From Cape Town Declaration, 2002
Trigiro does responsible tourism!
We bike or hike for traveling!
This means choosing a healthy way to travel not only for you but also for the environment.
We eat and taste local food and wine!
This multiplies your impact in the local economy and connects you with the local people and its culture.
We visit small villages and secret spots!
We ensure that local people benefit from our tours by spending money in local owned businesses.